Send feedback from Intercom chats straight to your Cycle inbox
Our Intercom integration helps customer-facing teams report feedback to the product team and get a view of how that feedback is being processed, all without leaving Intercom.
Follow these steps or click the interactive demo below 👇
- 1.Go to "settings" ("g" then "s" for keyboard shortcut lovers)
- 2.In the "integrations" tab, on the right, click on "Add new" and select Intercom
- 3.Login to your Intercom account, select the Intercom workspace you want to sync, and click "Connect app"
You're good to go 😎
Now that you connected your Intercom account, here's what will happen:
- Cycle will import your Intercom contacts and their companies into your workspace. Intercom contacts & customers in Cycle will merge seamlessly to avoid creating any duplicates.
- A tiny Intercom icon will be displayed next to your customers in Cycle who are also Intercom contacts. You can click that icon to go straight to the corresponding contact in Intercom.
View your customers synced across all your integrations
The Intercom integration packs a ton of features:
Let's dive in!
Once the Intercom integration is installed, a Cycle tab appears next to conversations in your Intercom inbox.
Open the Cycle tab, and click on "Create new feedback"
When the whole conversation contains valuable feedback, select "conversation". This will make sure the entire Intercom conversation reaches your Cycle inbox. If you want to send only a specific part of the conversation, select "custom"; this will let you write a custom text to send to Cycle.
The "Description" field will be disabled when the toggle is set to "Conversation". To edit the feedback before sending it to Cycle, use the "Custom" option.
If the customer exists in your Cycle workspace, the integration will automatically insert the customer's name in the feedback's title and map the customer to the feedback. Otherwise, it will insert the contact's email address in the feedback's title so you can easily create the customer in Cycle.
Assigning someone to feedback will ensure they get it in the "My Inbox" view of their Cycle Inbox. The integration automatically loads all your workspace members so you can map them to feedback.
Custom properties you create and link to Feedback in your workspace settings will show up in the Intercom integration.
This is a great way to categorize feedback by importance, product area, type, or any other property that fits your needs.
Content templates you set up for Feedback will appear in the custom description field when creating a feedback from Intercom.
Every feedback linked to a customer will appear in the right sidebar of the related Intercom conversation. No matter which integration was used to create the feedback.
This enables customer-facing teams to give customers an update on the status of their requests. Clicking one of these docs will open it in Cycle.